Sunday, February 10, 2013

Couch Blogger Award: DIY gift wrap stand



This post is my participation for the couch magazine blogger award. The general theme is sustainability and bloggers can send in their ideas and posts about anything related to a sustainable life. 
Since I'm a crafty person, my contribution will be a recycling DIY. In my humble opinion, recycling is a great part of living a sustainable life and can help immensly to reduce waste. Therefore I've used empty Pringles chips cans to craft a handy gift wrap stand. Gift wraps are always lying around and never stay in its place if you just lean them on the wall. This gift wrap stand will put an end to that. 

All you need to make it are seven emtpy Pringles cans, spray paint in any color you want and a hot glue gun (I guess other strong craft glue will work just as fine). 

Instructions:
  • Clean all cans from the inside (you don't want your gift wraps to be all stainy and smelly)
  • Spray paint two coats of paint in any color you wish, let dry thoroughly
  • Pin the cans with paper clips and mark the spots where they meet
  • with a hot glue gun, glue the cans together just at both ends of the cans
...aaaaand, you're done!





If you wish, you could tie a ribbon around the whole lot to pretty it up a bit more.
If anyone attempts their own gift wrap stand, I'd love to see the outcome!

Love,
Lela

3 comments:

  1. Super Idee und toll umgesetzt :)
    Werde ich evtl. bald mal ausprobieren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply want to say your article is as amazing.
    The clarity in your post is just nice and i could assume you're an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the enjoyable work.

    Have a look at my site: legal amphetamines
    My page - cheap party Pills

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...