I was asked by Etsy Germany and Nido.de if I would develop a DIY project you can do for or with kids and I was happy to do so. I came of with the idea of making a simple mobile you can hang up in a kids room. The mobile pendants are made out of Keramiplast, a kind of ceramic clay. I fixed the pendants to a metal ring I got in the craft store. It is a fund project to do on a weekend sind the pendants need time to dry overnight. Instead of the clay you could use also thick paper or FIMO clay.
What you need:
- Keramiplast (or any other kind of clay or FIMO)
- a metal ring (mine is approx 25 cm in diameter)
- golden yarn (thicker and thinner ones)
- cookie cutter (I used a cloud, star and moon)
- a strand of absorbent cotton (optional; I used it to cover up the metal ring)
- Roll out the Keramiplast or clay about 0.5 cm thick
- Cut out as many shapes as you want to hang on the mobile, I used one moon, 13 stars and 4 clouds
- With a think needle, poke a hole in the shapes while they are still wet
- With a wet finger, smooth all edges
- Let the Keramiplast shapes dry overnight
- String the thick golden yarn around the metal ring so the mobile hangs on three strands (as you can see in the picture)
- String the thin golden yarn through the holes of the shapes and hang the shapes on the metal ring in any order you like
- To finish, glue a strand of absorbent cotton around the ring to cover up the knots
Have fun crafting!