Saturday, January 4, 2014

DIY Project: Leather Pillow


My new couch called for some new couch pillows - DIYed naturally. I'd like to show you one of them today together with a little tutorial to tell you how to make one yourself.

What you need:
  • leather scraps
  • scissors
  • fabric glue
  • plain pillow case (mine was 40x40 cm)
  1. The first step is making the stencil for cutting out the leather shapes. I used a rhombus with the measurements 4,5 cm by 7,5 cm (see picture below for reference). Cut out in thick paper and use the stencil to trace the rhombus onto the leather. Cut them out. -> I needed about 52 shapes and I used 5 different colors of leather.                                                                                               



  2.  What I did next is taping a rectangle with the measurements of the pillow case on the edge of my desk (40x40 cm) with washi tape. This way I could lay out the leather rhombuses and see if I had enough and arrange the pattern I wanted.



  3. When I had the right layout on my desk, I glued the leather pieces onto the pillow case with fabric glue (can also be any other good glue since I would not recommend washing this pillow case anyway).



  4. Let dry properly and you're done. Now you have a pretty simple new couch pillow that will be sure to catch the eye of every guest you'll invite onto your couch.


Happy DIYing!

Love,
Lela 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely!! I've linked to your tutorial over at Craft Gossip:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-tiled-leather-pillow-cover/2014/01/10/
    --Anne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...